Earl A. Peterson
Professor of Physics
Earl Peterson's Vitae
Earl Peterson's Publications
Earl Peterson's Faculty Profile
- Campus Address
Room 354A, Department of Physics
University of Minnesota
- (612) 624-0319
- (612) 624-4578
- Dr. Earl Peterson
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
School of Physics and Astronomy
116 Church Street SE
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
Experimental tests of grand unified theories, high-energy cosmic-ray
observations. These include searches for nucleon decay and magnetic
monopoles, investigations of neutrino oscillations and searches for possible
point sources of cosmic rays.
- Soudan 2 - detector at the Soudan Mine in Tower, Minnesota.
- MINOS - This Long Baseline Project is part of the NUMI (Neutrinos at the Main Injector) program at Fermilab.
- Ultrahigh-Energy Cosmic Ray Composition From Surface Air Shower And Underground Muon Measurements At Soudan-2, Phys. Rev. D (accepted for publication).
- Search for Magnetic Monopoles with the Soudan 2 Detector, Physics Review,
D46, 4846 (1992).
- First Results From the Soudan 2 Proton Decay Experiment, J. Phys., G17,
- The Observation of Underground Muons Associated with Cygnus X-3 During the
January 1991 Radio Flare with the Soudan 2 Detector, Physics Letters, 13, 269
Other Sites of Interest
High Energy Physics Research at Minnesota
HEP Virtual Phonebook
SLAC SPIRES-HEP Database
American Physical Society
American Institute of Physics (AIP)